Saturday, May 2, 2009

Robert Walton: Bio and (awesome) author photo

Yeah, you're going to want to click on this picture. Remember, readers: send along a bio and three poems whenever you submit! I taught at San Lorenzo Middle School in King City, California for thirty-six years before retiring in June of 2006. Phyllis, my wife of 37 years, and I still reside in King City. We have two sons – Jeremy, thirty-one and Jon, twenty-six. I am a life-long rock-climber and mountaineer. I've made numerous ascents in the Sierra Nevada and Yosemite. Three of my short stories about climbing were published in the Sierra Club's Ascent. Others appeared in "High" magazine, "Loose Scree" and in "The Climbing Art". I converted a story named "Three's a Crowd" into a radio play and it was broadcast on KUSF on November 22nd, 2006. It was later broadcast several more times on PBS. Much of my poetry reflects my time in the mountains. A few of my poems have been published in journals and on websites.